Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hearts and Winter Snowmen

Hi Everyone,
So sorry that this is late. This had been such a busy week so far, and although I have had the best of intentions, I have had no time to sit down at the computer and write this letter. Although we do not go to Nashville, we do have several new items ready this week--hence being too busy to get this blog written. Teri is on a whirl working on a new and very darling series of leaflets. Her first 2 are out and already winging their way to the market, and will hopefully be on the website shortly. Scatter Hearts is the perfect February pillow in soft pinks and lavenders with plenty of hearts. It has a wonderful set of clay buttons from JABCO to go with it. Like Scatter Christmas, it is stitched on the bigger count fabric so it is easy to finish up. Scatter Eggs is her second book, and it is even more darling. Stitched in soft, spring colours, it makes you just want to dig right in. I don't know why, it just touches something in my soul--perhaps a yearning for spring. The buttons on it are sweet and the backing fabrics for both pillows are simply fantastic. I'm trying to talk her into St. Patrick's Day, but I believe I have failed. Maybe next year.

Then the Green Snowman is ready. This one is a kit and goes with last year's Red Snowman. I wasn't going to get it done this year, but with all our cold weather, I was simply in the mood and got it done over a weekend and ready to go. It is stitched on Weeks Dye Works hand-dyed linen--Guacamole--and depicts a definite February snowman--just a hint of spring along with the winter. Keep your eye on our web site and I think all three things will be up shortly. I am having a great time working on my new heart for this year. I was hoping to have it done with the snowman, but alas shoveling has cut into my stitching time this week. I have to say that it is very fun, and I am having such a great time working on it. In some ways, I don't want to finish it up, because I love to stitch hearts and this one is truly bringing me much joy.

OK--here's something fun that we are quite excited about at the shop. You know how our friends Barb and Alma of Blackbird designs do the Loose Feather series each year. Well this year they are doing a mystery sampler at the end of the year to go along with it. So this is the way it works. You need to have all 5 or 6 Loose Feather leaflets from this coming year and then at the end you can get the new sampler which incorporates something from each of the existing charts. The first one is called--Where My Heart Blooms--and it is very charming. We have had fun trying to figure out which part of it will pop up in the mystery sampler. Anyway, if you want to be a part of this, you can let us know and we will send you each of the leaflets as it arrives--with or without fabric--and then of course we will be sure you receive the additional sampler at the end.

Good luck with your weather wherever you may be. Be safe in your travels. I am taking hope that spring might be just around the corner.

fondly, Tina

PS--I forgot to mention that we received another 18-20 inches of snow at home on Sunday. Churches were canceled, and Christian was praying that school would be,too. Of course not! We really have nowhere to put the snow we are shoveling. Sue tells us that the places where they have put the snow from clearing the parking lots at the University 2 blocks from our homes are over 40 feet high. We have become experts on which type of snow shovel to buy and which are worthless. Hint--always go for the tiny, straight plastic kind. We have 2 that we fight over. The large, mega shovel can only go to Bob--impossible to even lift with or without snow. Which leaves the ergonomically designed kind with the bent handles--I think they were made for a different species--definitely not human. OK, I need a life beyond this.

Our covered patio might be collapsing, and I can't say that I am trusting my garage.

Christian has dug himself a snow cave and spends most of his time in it. I, of course, am terrified that it will collapse on him, so I have to keep running out to check on him. He says he is making ice furniture so that he can do his homework outside. NOT!
Happy Winter!