Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Day

New Year's Day
2014

Dear Friends,
Happy New Year!  Believe it or not, it is here again.  I am one of those few people out there who hates to see New Year's eve roll around because it sort of marks the end of the holidays.  I have always hated taking the decorations down, putting the gifts away and sending my boys back to school.  (Only now school isn't just around the corner.)   Ugh!  
But of course, here it is with or without my permission, so I just have to buck up and step into 2014.  Sorry, this is going to be a short letter this time, but it does have some fun new things Teri and I want to show you.  But before we move on to these, I want to take a moment and tell each of you THANK YOU!!!!!  Thanks for much for this past year.  Thanks for stitching our designs.  Thanks for indulging me and reading my letters that come to you not so much regularly as sporadically.  Thanks for loving Teri's new web site and returning to it often to see what we have going on.  And most of all, thank you for your friendships--some of you in person, some on the telephone and some of you whom I don't even know.  Thanks for just being out there for us and making it possible for us to head to work each day and do what we so, so love.  You are the best!
So on that note, Teri and I  would like to give you a little New Year's treat.  We are posting the graph for this Happy Snowman on our web site, so that you can print it off and start off the new year with a fun little project.  Just go on to our website and and look for this picture on our home page.  To find the pdf,  go to celebrations on our side bar, and you will click on the link for the pdf, and it will bring up the pattern for you to copy off.  Good luck Teri is still figuring out all the features of our web site… 

Happy New Year!  Happy Snowman!  Happy stitching! 


(We have a little kit made up for this snowman for $12.00 if you want it already gathered together for you.  Otherwise I know that you will have what you need just waiting in your supplies at home.  Either way, have fun with it.)

2014 Engraved Julia Gingher Scissors and Fob.
Scissors:  $45.00 - Retail only
Fob: $14.00 - Retail only


I love this year's designer scissors!  I think they have sort of a Bloomsbury look so I have created a scissor fob to go with it.  As always, this is a limited kit which is available only for 2014.  The scissors are also available only for a very limited time, so if you are a collector, don't wait to snatch up your pair.  I hope you love this little set as much as I do.  


Valentine Trifles
New book--by Shepherd's Bush
$8.00


Teri's new Valentine book is just darling.  3 lovely projects to usher in the Valentine's season will make you embrace this new year.  All are finished as little pin cushions with sweet fabrics and hand-dyed ribbon trims.  I promise you will love each one of these little cushions. As always, if we can help you with any or all of the supplies for these projects, just give us a call.

Well, I am going to go sit by my tree for just a few minutes before I go to bed.  (I know I have to take it down imminently.)  Have a wonderful last few days of your holidays and be safe out there in the ice world.  I'll write again next week and show you some very darling new little treasures that we have just received for you to enjoy.  Have a wonderful 2014.  I know that this will be the best one ever.  
Hugs, Tina