Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Nashville Market Part three

Nashville Market:  part the third
Market buds
ahhhhhh....


Finally home--during the wee hours of the morning...  
Yesterday just wasn't the day to be traveling by air, and not that much better traveling by car back in Utah.  After a 2 hour delay in Phoenix, we arrived back in Salt Lake at 12:15 with about 10,000 other people.  The baggage claim looked like a refugee center--which in a way it was.  Teri went on in the snow battling the overpacked shuttle to get her car from long term parking, and I was faced with loading out 4 gigantic bags and boxes--all hovering on the 50 pound limit. I had to muster all my strength to pull each one off the baggage carousel  and then I would let the next one ride around an extra time while I got up my courage to haul it off.  Then I wedged the airport luggage cart between the garbage can and my foot so that it wouldn't go wheeling off by itself.  I got the large blue suitcase on and then Teri's new case which is roughly the size of a small automobile, and I was feeling pretty darn good.  My next obstacle was the 2 large boxes which were stuffed full--49.9 lbs--and then taped together disguised as one item.  I had to lift it up and then manage to swing it high enough in the air to land on the 2 cases which were already on the cart.  Success after the 3rd try.  Then I had to consider swinging my 49.999999 lb duffle bag on top of the box on top of the suitcases on top of the cart.  Luckily for me, after my second try, someone took pity on me and put it up there. When I finally crawled into bed, I just lay there groaning.  Even my hair ached.  But today all is good and Teri and Lynnette have had fun unpacking all the great treasures--each one with its own story and adventure to tell.  Always a good day. 

So here are some fun pics that Teri took of darling new things--and their creators.  I hope you love them as much as we did.   

Plum Street Samplers
Paulette's room is always so inviting, she was stitching on a piece and it was fun to sit down for a minute and visit.    Her new things are very spring-y and fun.  You will love them.  Teri has the linen in for them so get ready to stitch.

Spring Rolls  
$10.00


Spring Delivery 
$12.00


Strong in the Lord 
$12.00


Chocolate Hearts 
$12.00


Black Cherry Tart 
$10.00


We have the tart tins available for $3.00 each  


Serial Bowl
Sampler Lesson 1  $20.00


This fun new series of small designs can be made into pin cushions and placed in a bowl.  This partial kit includes the chart, cotton overdyed threads, and trim. 

Brenda Gervais/ With Thy Needle
We were  delighted to have Brenda just down the hall from us at market.  She was so kind to give us brown paper for our sign, when we discovered ours was missing.  Her new pieces are marvelous, and I just need to figure out which one will be stitched first.   

Shepherd's Sampler 
$12.00


In Season 
$12.00


Summer at Cherry Hill 
$12.00



Stars and Stripes 
$12.00


Button Button 
$9.00



A Tisket, A Tasket 
$9.00


Spring Greetings Bouquet 
$9.00


Pin Feathers 
$9.00



The Potting Shed  
$12.00



Scarlett House

Harriott Taylor 1842  
$24.00


Tanya of The Scarlett House is holding up one of her new gorgeous pieces.  Scarlett House and Samplers Remembered were just down the hall from us, and it was fun to get to know them both.

Margaret Lilly
$


Mary Betchell 
$22.00


Susan Wasband 
$22.00


Henrietta Binns 1837  
$14.00



Scrumptious new floss colors from Weeks Dye Works


Busy Lizzie
Lichen
Dahlia
Pink Sand

Chessie and Me
Teri always loves visiting with Linda in her room and perusing her beautiful new designs for the market.  They are always sweet and inspiring and truly make you want to grab your needle and get going.  

The Rose and Crown Sampler
$12.00


Tallman House 1864 Sampler

                                   

New Patriotic Kit 
$30.00


Gentlewoman's Stitch Box 
$12.00


Garden Blooms





Shakespeare's Peddler
Ann Robbins of R & R and Tina stop to pose
 with Teresa of Shakespeare's Peddler and Lori of La D Dah


Frakter
$15.00


I just loved this odd piece, and I really want to stitch it.  I think it is Teri and me even though these ladies seem to be glaring at each other.  Theresa stitched it on gauze, but I will be using something a bit bigger.  


This is the start of a new series by Shakespeare's Peddler.  It will be a long and thin sampler and will have a variety of Bible bands, like Noah's ark, Adam and Eve, etc... The finished size--I am told--will be longer than And They Sinned and each section can be stitched on its own or as part of the sampler.  I love this idea, and can't  wait to see more



From the Heart by Wendy Petross
Wendy--who is a fellow westerner (Idaho)--as been a friend for many years.  She came to the market this year and had a room on our same floor.  I visited with her off and on, and was struck how sweet and lovely her designs for this market were.  They have a gentle simplicity and calmness that is very appealing.  

Bluebird Sampler 
$5.00

                                      

Blackbird Sampler
$5.00


This is such a darling idea, Wendy is stitching all her birds together, as shown below.  
I think we will do the same.  It was very sweet and looked fun to do.  



Summer Quaker $8.00


Patriotic Quaker $8.00


Samplers Remembered

Elizabeth Newman Healeys 1802   
$18.00

Linda is holding up one of her wonderful samplers.  Sorry, it kind of makes it look like her name is Elizabeth Newman Healeys.

Amen House 
$14.00



Pretty Pairs 
$14.00

There is another great sampler in this set, but I have lost the photo  I will keep looking.

Now I have come back to the blog because Teri kept falling asleep at the computer.  So now you get the picture.  That is why we work so well together--one of us is always asleep.
Tomorrow we will continue to post great pictures.  Don't you think she did a sweet job taking photos of all these wonderful projects.  We still have tons more projects to share with you, plus Teri said that she has fantastic accessory items to show as well.  Sleep fast and we'll see you tomorrow night.  T