Thursday, June 9, 2016

June Stitching

Early Summer, 2016

Hi Friends,
I know, my boys would be happy to tell me that it isn't technically Summer for a couple of more weeks, but for me, when the temp jumps overnight from the 60s to the 90s, when the garden out back starts to explode, and when Vacation Bible School arrives, Summer has also arrived.  I am looking forward to this warm season with long evening hours and perhaps more time to stitch, or walk my dog, or just read my book.  Yay!  Now I just have to find my perfect reading book for the summer.  I have a new book by Kate Atkinson that I think I will start, but I also have a whole series of books about a midwestern family that Bob gave me which might be fun.  (I am not always so good with series, but we'll see.)  No need to look for a stitching project since I have many!!!!  I am just getting started drawing my new stocking for this year, and I am getting excited.  That is always a fun prospect.  Oh well, a whole 3 months ahead of me--and I know it will go by so quickly.  

Sophie's Roses


My mom's fabulous rose garden still shines inspire of our recent hard winters and our not so expert tending.  I think Teri does very well, but I worry for some of the bushes.  When I saw these pictures, I secretly thought that they looked better than the real thing, but Teri was insulted.  I guess I need to stop and take a better look.  


We do have a few new things ready for lazy, summer stitching.  This Land is a very fun little kit that I had a great time stitching.  It is worked on this quite fabulous linen that I ordered 3 months ago, and am finally receiving tomorrow.  Finally!  You will totally love working on it, though as it is soft and very luxurious in hand.  The threads are a soft and subtle palette of overdyed cottons and silks.  I hope you like it.  

This Land
kit retail $36.00


Celebrate Summer with this sweet sampler.  It is stitched on a beautiful hand-dyed 32 count linen with a combination of over dyed silk and cotton threads.  A fun set of buttons is included in this kit.  

True Heart
kit: retail $20.00 



This darling pin cushion is stitched on  32 count linen. Over dyed threads, ribbon, beads, and buttons complete this sweet pincushion 

Sweet Honey Bee
Leaflet retail $8.00 
Complete Kit $46.00


Such a sweet piece to stitch this summer,  it is stitched on 22 count Ariosa with over dyed cotton floss.  We have added a darling set of buttons from The Bee Company 
(available through Norden Crafts)


Buttons $5.80



Long May She Wave by Little House
Pattern with floss retail $15.00 


 Here is a fun new project from Little House and Classic Colorworks.  You buy 5 threads and then the pattern is free.  We are stitching it on a fun 30 count.  It looks darling.



Teri's Favorite Baby Gifts
At quilt market last month, we ordered a bunch of new baby blankets, bibs, and burps.  The fabrics are so darling and all hemstitched and ready to be crocheted around, and she has matched the perfect perle cotton for each pattern.  So if you have a special little baby coming your way, you might just need one of these adorable little receiving gifts.





One last thing that I wanted to let you know about is the Harvest Market Hop coming this September.  We did this with a fun group of designers last year and it was such a lot of fun.  Your favorite shops will be shopping this market for you, and there will be lots of fun new things for Autumn stitching. I think that the Facebook page will be coming up any time and you can watch now and then for designer posts.  

Oh...one more last thing.  As the primaries approach and we are sending in our mail-in ballots, I just want to give a shout-out to a great friend who is running for Weber County Commissioner:  
Caitlin Gochnour.  If you already know her, you would definitely be voting for her.  And if you don't, I would love to recommend her.  She is a wonderful woman who has a lot of experience in public service.  I know that she would be a fantastic member of the Commission, and I hope you will check out her credentials at: caitlingochnour.com. 
  
In the meantime, have a wonderful and safe start to Summer.  Find a comfy chair outside, a great new book, and of course a fabulous new stitching project.  
fondly, Tina