Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 2012

February 14, 2012
Dear Friends,
Happy Valentine's Day.
Teri is the nicest person know. I actually know a lot of very nice people, and I admit that she is my sister, but then that should make the complement even more real. But truly, she spends her life doing nice, sweet things for other people. So it was no surprise to me when said that she left church on Sunday to find a plethora of hearts were sprinkled from the door and down the sidewalk to to her car. Plus her car completely covered in valentines. Happy Heart Day, Teri
Now, that gives one something to think about doesn't it? The only down side to the whole thing was that it happened to snow in the afternoon and as she drove down the street, little hearts detached themselves from her car and flew through the air. I drove with her down to the shop to pick something up and as we would pass other cars--especially guys--they sort of stared at her car in surprise. And then off would fly a little heart and sail right onto their cars causing even more surprise I am sure.

So then she spent Sunday and Monday dipping strawberries in scrumptious white and dark chocolate and making heart shaped sugar cookies and chocolate shortbread. As usual I just stitched while she cooked--and then enjoyed the result of her labors. Now she has taken plates full of her sweet treats to neighbors and friends and my family and the postman and the UPS guy and the printer and the customers at work and the gas station where she buys her cokes.
I tell you....
These chocolate shortbread hearts were very very yummy!
And who could resist a plate full of freshly dipped strawberries?

Well it is barely over 1 week until the Nashville market, and we are just this side of frantic at the shop. All I am doing after work is stitching and Teri is working like a maniac doing hundreds of other projects for the market. Lynnette is cutting fabric by the bolt and Sue is packaging things as fast as we get them out. Which leaves the girls out in the front of the shop wondering why no one ever emerges from the back. It will be a relief to one and all when we are done and back. In the meantime, I think we have a lot of fun things to take to market with us. Teri has been busy planning our minute by minute itinerary. She has the decorations for the outside of the room planned as well as a new and lovely layout for the inside of our room. She has her many and various events scheduled as well as dinners and brief excursions throughout the market. It has all sounded great to me except her recent announcement that she is going to be hanging a grouping of pictures over the television. Really????? I am wondering what I am going to be doing while she is out visiting and make it and take it--ing. Watching movies through images of colored snowmen, I guess.
No--we are very excited and can't wait to share our new designs with you as well as the new things we will be bringing back with us. We will be having our Nashville Afternoon on Tuesday, February 28th from noon to five. We will have delicious treats and tables full of our new finds from market. We have already previewed a lot of darling things, so don't be late. Just take the afternoon off and plan to come spend the day with us. I promise you won't be disappointed. There are going to be so many amazing things. Teri has been talking to Barb and Alma at Blackbird designs and she said they are bringing fabulous things. Can't wait.
Remember---if there is something specific that you have seen that you want us to pick up for you, just give Teri a call. She loves to be a personal shopper. In fact, there is nothing she likes more than a grabbing a friend and setting off on a little mission.
For those of you on Facebook, keep your eye on the Shepherd's Bush page as she is planning on writing a little market scoop every night. It might be late, but I will remind her to do it while I am busy sleeping.
In the meantime, here are a few fun new things we have at the shop.
Valentine's and Heart Display

Center Display

As winter wanes, here in Utah, spring is making its way to the front of the shop. Here are some of our favorite spring and Easter pieces reminding us that sun may visit us again in the future. In the next picture you will see Cricket's Spring picture which Jill just brought back to us. Isn't it most fabulous? We are slowly making our way through the year, and I think that this one is just adorable. I thought it would be hard to top Autumn and Winter, but this one gives them a run. Teri has tweaked the colors and Jill has painted a fantastic mat. Don't you just love it?


Love Spoken Here

This sweet piece by La D Dah is quite wonderful. Its gentle simplicity and soothing colors make me want to stitch it myself. And with a house full of boys/men this is the perfect reminder. OK, I should probably just stitch my mantra in big block letters in some garish hue--BE NICE-- but I would enjoy the subtlety of this piece much better.

Token of Love
This new sampler by Pineberry Lane is wonderful and old fashioned and contemporary at the same time. I love the rose fabric that she chose and the silk thread. She sort of wants to make it into a wedding sampler and I think that it would be quite lovely. Can you imagine getting that for a wedding present or anniversary present?

One Hundred Years Ago

We just picked this piece up from Jill, and are enjoying its simple message. Another great Lizzie Kate design.


My super stitcher, Nancy, has already finished her La D Dah Mystery Sampler and has brought it into the shop for a while. Isn't it beautiful? She has totally been keeping up with the new, fun things since Teri and I have had to focus on the market.

And this is Nancy's completed 2011 Blackbird Loose Feather piece. I think it is so pretty. I will be sad when she finally decides she wants it at her own home.

I hope this gives you a window into our world these past few weeks. I was going to include a sneak peak at one of the pieces we are taking with us to Nashville, but I forgot and took it to Jill last night. Oh well.
I am going back to my stitching and will send this on to you. Watch our blog next week when we will post our new things and if you are in our neck of the woods, plan to come by on the 29th and have a fun afternoon with us. In the meantime, we will see you on Facebook.
fondly, Tina